Reasons for Living on Lake Norman: Beechwood Carolinas
Nestled along the picturesque shores of Lake Norman, North Carolina, Lakeside Pointe offers a lifestyle that seamlessly blends modern design, premium amenities, and the tranquil beauty of lakeside living.
This new community boasts a diverse range of housing options, from waterfront homes to charming cottages, catering to various preferences. As you explore these housing choices, which encompass waterfront luxury, cozy cottages, and modern townhomes, get ready to uncover an equally diverse array of activities just moments away.
From thrilling water adventures and lakeside retreats to savoring local flavors and engaging in outdoor pursuits, this is more than just a location – it's a lifestyle filled with possibilities.
Activities Nearby Lakeside Pointe Community
While the Lakeside Pointe properties boast numerous fantastic amenities, these suggestions are nearby bonuses for residents.
On the Water
First and foremost, residents should be aware that they enjoy direct access to the lake, complete with private boat docks featuring slips and convenient kayak storage. Here’s a few fun water activities to check out:
- Lake Norman Marina Boat Club Exclusive: Set off on unforgettable Lake Norman boating adventures. Cruise pristine waters, uncover stunning vistas, hidden fishing spots, and serene secluded beaches. Residents get an exclusive discount at the Lake Norman Marina Boat Club. Take your pick from a range of watercraft, including tritoon boats, pontoons, waverunners, kayaks, and paddleboards.
- Jet Ski Adventures: Get a rush of adrenaline as you jet ski across Lake Norman’s expansive waters.
- Paddle Boarding: Glide gracefully atop the lake while enjoying the peaceful scenery and wildlife.
- Kayaking Exploration: Navigate the lake's hidden corners with a leisurely kayak journey. It's a great way to appreciate the lake’s biodiversity and quiet splendor.
- Fishing Trips: With a diverse population of fish species, Lake Norman provides an excellent fishing experience, whether you're a seasoned angler or trying it for the first time.
On the Track
Lake Norman is a haven for NASCAR fans. Known as Race City USA, this region offers immersive experiences that take you into the heart of racing culture.
Experience Live Racing Action:
- Charlotte Motor Speedway (Concord): Known as the home of NHRA Four-Wide Nationals and NHRA Carolina Nationals, Charlotte Motor Speedway resonates with the roars of NASCAR and other motorsport events. It provides pulse-pounding excitement to fans.
- Carolina Speedway (Gastonia): Established in 1961, this 4/10 dirt mile oval track carries a storied legacy. It hosts thrilling dirt racing events such as the Shrine 100 and King of the Carolinas, drawing enthusiastic fans who appreciate the action-packed races.
- Mooresville Dragway (Moorseville): Witness exhilarating drag racing events on Thursdays and weekends, offering an up-close encounter with high-speed competition.
- More local tracks to check out include The Dirt Track and the PIT Indoor Kart Track.
Discover Racing Excellence (Museums & Exhibits):
- NASCAR Hall of Fame (Charlotte): Journey to the heart of NASCAR's legacy at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. This iconic attraction pays homage to the sport's greatest drivers, crew chiefs, team owners, and other pivotal figures who have shaped its history. Interactive exhibits, historic artifacts, and immersive experiences offer a deeper understanding of NASCAR's evolution and its profound impact on racing culture.
- North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame (Mooresville): Delve into the annals of auto racing history at this Hall of Fame. Engage with memorabilia, interactive displays, and exhibits that trace the vibrant tapestry of auto racing's evolution in North Carolina.
- Joe Gibbs Racing (Huntersville): Explore the world of racing at Joe Gibbs Racing. Discover a treasure trove of racing memorabilia, and perhaps even meet the legendary Coach Joe Gibbs himself.
Enjoy the rich tapestry of culture around Lake Norman, where you can step back in time, experience urban charm, embark on artistic journeys, and dig deeper into the region's heritage. These places are fantastic stopping points:
- Carolina Renaissance Festival (Huntersville): Step into Fairhaven, a storybook village nestled in a woodland at the Carolina Renaissance Festival. Experience shows, feasts, and enchanting entertainment at one of the nation's biggest Renaissance fairs, held annually from September to November.
- Davidson College Events (Davidson): The vibrant atmosphere of Davidson College features a wide array of events, from captivating arts exhibitions to exhilarating sports spectacles. Charming restaurants, unique shops, and lively farmers markets are aplenty.
- Charlotte Getaways: A quick drive from Lakeside Pointe, Charlotte offers top-notch museums like Mint Museum, Levine Museum of the New South, or stroll through Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden or Romare-Bearden Park. Get your adrenaline fix at Carowinds theme park. Catch a Panthers game at Bank of America Stadium or a concert at PNC Music Pavilion. Charlotte adds urban flair to lakeside tranquility.
The Mint Museum (Charlotte): North Carolina’s first art museum, The Mint Museum, is a leading, innovative cultural institution and museum of international art and design. Take an artistic journey that highlights various aspects of creative expression, adding depth to your exploration of Lake Norman's culture and providing insights into the region's diverse artistic heritage.
Nature and Parks
Enhance your lakeside living experience with these additional nature-inspired options nearby:
- Mountain Creek Park (Sherrills Ford): Just 2 miles from Lakeside Pointe, explore a 606-acre park featuring a 19.52-mile mountain biking trail network, adventure playground, dog park, fishing pier, and more. Mountain biking enthusiasts can enjoy dedicated bike-only trails and endless route options.
- Lake Norman State Park Adventures: Where hiking trails, biking routes, and idyllic picnic spots provide opportunities for swimming, fishing, and camping in a tranquil park setting.
- Jetton Park (Cornelius): Experience Lake Norman's sunset beauty at Jetton Park. With hiking trails, a boat launch, sunning beach, and playground across 104 acres, Jetton Park promises memorable moments, whether daytime or evening.
- Ramsey Creek Park (Cornelius): A lakeside haven offering more than traditional park amenities. With a small beach, a dog park, and an exceptional playground, its kiddie zipline sets it apart. Endless fun for kids and relaxation for parents await.
- Latta Plantation Nature Center (Huntersville): Discover wildlife and history at the Latta Plantation Nature Center. Engage in guided nature walks, interactive exhibits, and educational programs for all ages.
- Historic Rural Hill (Huntersville): Step back in time at Historic Rural Hill, a site showcasing agricultural heritage through guided tours and special events.
Food, Shopping, and Entertainment
Explore Lake Norman's rich culinary scene, shop at charming boutiques, and dive into lively local entertainment - a perfect experience for all. Here's a glimpse of what's in store:
- Waterfront Dining Experiences: Savor diverse waterfront flavors around Lake Norman, ranging from rustic charm to fine elegance. Laid-back vibes, Caribbean-inspired dishes, impressive wines, and stunning lake views are to be found in cities like Beaufort, Cornelius, Mooresville, and others.
- Lake Norman Antique Mall (Mooresville): Engage in a unique shopping experience at the Lake Norman Antique Mall, exploring vintage and antique items, from furniture to collectibles.
- GoPro Motorplex (Mooresville): Unleash your inner racer at GoPro Motorplex, a karting facility with thrilling experiences for all skill levels.
- Lazy 5 Ranch (Mooresville): Embark on a unique animal adventure at Lazy 5 Ranch, getting up close with animals from around the world.
- Lake Norman Miniature Golf (Cornelius): Challenge each other to mini-golf at Lake Norman Miniature Golf, amidst picturesque surroundings.
- Birkdale Village (Huntersville): Shop, dine, and relax at Birkdale Village, an open-air destination with boutiques, restaurants, and a movie theater.
- Lake Norman Comedy Zone (Cornelius): Enjoy stand-up comedy performances at the Lake Norman Comedy Zone by renowned comedians.
Unique Events and Festivals
The Lake Norman area hosts a variety of unique events and festivals throughout the year that cater to diverse interests, offering a chance to immerse in local traditions, culture, and community spirit.
Here's a selection of the most popular and anticipated events that you mustn't miss:
- Treehouse Vineyards (Monroe): Experience Treehouse Vineyards, offering wine tastings, tours, and relaxing treehouse accommodations. Enjoy live music and special events throughout the year.
- Lake Norman Beer Festival (Huntersville): Sample some of North Carolina's finest craft beers at the Lake Norman Beer Festival, a summer tradition bringing together local breweries, food trucks, and live music.
- Christmas on the Farm (Huntersville): Experience Christmas festivities amid a heritage farm setting - with hay rides, Santa visits, and a petting farm - at the annual Christmas on the Farm event.
- Loch Norman Highland Games (Huntersville): Celebrate Celtic culture through music and dance at this traditional festival held in April every year.
- Carolina Balloon Fest (Statesville): Witness vibrant hot air balloons fill the skies at the Carolina Balloon Fest. Transforming Statesville into a colorful spectacle, this annual event offers a breathtaking aerial display.
Onsite Lakeside Pointe Amenities
Lakeside Pointe offers not only a home but a complete ownership experience that embraces the beauty and adventure of Lake Norman. With a wide array of amenities this community provides something for every preference. Here are exclusive amenities and conveniences tailored for the residents of Lakeside Pointe:
- Walking & Biking Paths: Embrace nature with community pathways highlighting lakeside charm.
- Private Boat Slips: Easy access to watercraft for lake exploration.
- The Beacon Club: A central hub offering water views, lounges, fitness facilities, and more.
- Pool Terrace: Relax on the pool deck with a fire pit, gazebo, and cozy seating.
- Fitness Studio: Enjoy lake-view workouts in a well-equipped gym.
- Vista Decks: Immerse in Lake Norman's beauty from panoramic terraces.
- Direct Lake Access: Indulge in kayaking, paddleboarding, swimming, and water-based activities.
Embrace the delights of Lakeside Pointe and Lake Norman, and craft lasting memories in this unique lakeside haven. Inquire today to learn the most up-to-date information about pricing, home site availability, and other community details.